Spring is officially in the air which means it’s that time of year again – time for spring cleaning! We’ve put together some spring cleaning tips to make your 2018 spring cleaning an utter success.
- Assess your belongings. If your wardrobe contains items that you haven’t worn in over a year, get rid of them! Create room for your new spring essentials by donating your old clothing to an organization in your community.
- Approach your spring cleaning in small doses. To avoid getting overwhelmed, tackle your spring cleaning one room at a time. Try starting with those with the most wintery items, such as your front closet.
- Go green! Use non-toxic cleaners such as Seventh Generation and Method – these brands are available at most grocery stores.
Don’t forget to add these items to your spring cleaning checklist:
- Deep clean appliances – Does the inside of your microwave look like a Jackson Pollock painting? Have you started wondering how your dishes get so clean in a dirty dishwasher? You use your appliances everyday – it’s time to give them a good scrubbing.
- Dust your blinds – You look at them every day but I bet you haven’t noticed the thick layer of gunk on them. Take the easy way out this year – slip a sock over your hand, make yourself a sock puppet, and start wiping down those blind slats!
- Clean your electronic devices – You use them every day, but I bet you don’t remember the last time you cleaned them. Mix equal parts water and 70% isopropyl alcohol, and spritz those screens down. Feeling adventurous? Clean your remote controls as well!
- Deep clean your shower/tub – Get rid of that hard-to-reach mold and mildew, cut through the hard water stains, and replace that nasty shower liner.
- Make your windows spotless – Don’t just clean the glass; get right in there and clean the tracks as well.
- Test your smoke detector – It’s a simple thing that many people forget about, but it could save your life. Test your smoke detector and replace the batteries if necessary.
Now that you’ve tackled your spring cleaning and your apartment is spotless, it’s time to reward yourself! Go out and purchase some fresh flowers or a beautiful new plant. Not only will they add a nice finishing touch to your refreshed space, they will also improve your well-being!